Friday, November 20, 2015

Another Detour

Look At Those ROLLS!
Donated three boxes of Gluten Filled, but still great foods to the Oakwood Center for Exceptional Families​ last night.  Felt good to get rid of all of it.  It was kind of cathartic, like a fresh start to helping my dude develop even better than he already is!  Can't wait to get a little weight back on him!  I also like that our donations will go to families who are raising children with differing disabilities.  We know all too well how all those therapies and medical bills add up and can seriously take over your budget.  We are blessed to have a good income and insurance, and we still struggle with all the costs associated with Benny. 

This morning we head to the Pediatric Gastroenterologist to talk about next steps in finding out if Celiac's Disease has done any damage to Benny's tummy and small intestine.  I'm trying so hard not to beat myself up about not going Gluten Free from the start with Ben like SO MANY fellow Mamas and Daddies in "THE DS CLUB" told me.  There is a lot you have to be wary of when raising a kiddo with Down syndrome, and sometimes things fall through the cracks.  Some days you just wanna be "normal" so bad, whatever the heck that means, that you push all the warnings to the back and live.  Then, just when you get comfy, it bites you right in the ass!  Oops...

I'm gonna continue to ride that fine line between being the anxiety ridden bag of worry and precaution that I have potential to be, and being so carefree that things continue to fall through the cracks.  Just keep swimming, right?!?!
Are those planets Gluten Free?

Please, don't take this as a "woe me" thing.  I feel GREAT!  Actually having an answer as to what is going on is the most STRESS RELIEVING thing ever!  Plus, Celiac's is manageable!  It's just a diet change!  That's all!!!  I honestly couldn't be happier.  

It's time for a change.  I like change.  I actually crave it!  Every detour is a new chapter in your life friends.  You decide how that chapter starts.  For me, this chapter starts with a fist in the air and a smirk on my face.  Celiac's Disease - watch out!  You are NO match for this Mama!

After all...I could use a few less peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in my life anyhow.  I'm pretty sure my butt is sticking out farther than my six month pregnant belly right now! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your thought, comments, advice, or emotional outbursts!

-xoxo Jamie