Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Salon Legato Made My Day!

When you are six months pregnant, have a toddler with four therapy appointments a week on top of about 2-3 doctor's appointments a month, and have a full-time career, sometimes you get a little bit tired.  Ok, that is complete crap.  YOU'RE ALWAYS TIRED!  This tired is different than normal tired.  This is a constant, knock you on your booty, make you feel like you are losing your ever-loving mind kind of tired.  Because of this, when someone calls and asks you if you would like to enjoy a free day of pampering at a local spa, your reaction is something along the lines of...

Ahhhh my honeymoon....

Anyhow, I was ecstatic.  I needed a day for me and a day I was going to get!


My luxurious day began by visiting beautiful downtown Birmingham, MI.  I don't know why I never go down there.  IT'S GORGEOUS!  I easily found my way to the Aveda Salon, Salon Legato, that would be in charge of my pampering.

Upon entering it was so calming!  Beautifully decorated for Christmas and smelling amazing, this was definitely a relaxing atmosphere.  I was given a hot cup of Aveda Tea, which is delicious by the way, and began getting prepared for my facial.



Ok, I have to be honest.  I hate massages.  I don't know why, but they are just really awkward, uncomfortable, and NOT relaxing to me at all.  I love a good back or foot rub at home by the husband, but that's about it.  A facial I had never had before, so I was slightly hesitant since it seemed very massage-esqe.  It. Was. Glorious!

I started out with a hot stone soak/massage on my feet.  If you've ever been pregnant, you know that
this alone is bliss.  Then, Becca my wonderful miracle worker took me through a variety of scrubs, essential oil smells, and hot towels that made my face, shoulders, calves, and feet feel like butter.  It was so unbelievably relaxing.  I would SO do that again!  The first thing I told my husband when I got home is that next time he finds himself wondering what to get me for a present, I want another one of those!

After my facial, and some more Aveda tea, I got to visit with my friend Karen to get my hair cut and colored.  I am currently growing out my pixie cut, so she couldn't do much with me, but worked her magic anyway and shaped me right up!  PS...Side Note... I LOVED my pixie cut, but alas the keep up was a little too much on me.  It made day to day hair styling easy, but required a haircut about ever six weeks.  This Mama didn't have time or money for that, so we will be going back to my long and curly locks.  Messy buns will be my friend again soon!

Once my hair was spruced up, Becca put a little make-up on me and I felt like a new woman!  It was SOOOO nice!



Thank YOU Thank YOU Thank YOU Karen, Becca, and Salon Legato!  I can't tell you in words how much this day meant to me.  In the crazy life this Mama lives, I felt so honored and blessed to have been able to experience a day like this to forget therapy appointments, doctor's offices, work, housework, etc etc etc....

You many have prevented a meltdown or two, and for that my husband thanks you as well!!!

If you live in the Metro-Detroit area, please think about visiting Salon Legato!  Tell them you read about my experience and let Karen, Becca, and everyone else know I said THANK YOU!!!

xoxo - Jamie


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the kind words, it was our pleasure having you, your attitude about life is inspiring ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words, it was our pleasure having you, your attitude about life is inspiring ♡

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear your thought, comments, advice, or emotional outbursts!

-xoxo Jamie